The Horizon Fund was created in 2013, to help actualise the dreams of Staffordshire University students and to breakdown any financial barriers they may have.
We receive donations from generous supporters of the University, who believe in our mission to transform lives and create better futures.
We know University can be expensive, and we also know that it is not just about the lectures and degree obtained. It is everything in between. The experiences, the trips, the networking, the industry connections and all the extra elements that make our students more employable - not to mention a step ahead of the competition!
These are just a few of the examples of how the Horizon Fund – Employability Award has helped students achieve more than they thought possible:
- Do you have a once in a lifetime opportunity, but finances are holding you back?
- Have you secured a job interview but cannot afford the cost of travel to get there?
- Do you need a suit for the interview, but cannot afford one?
- Publishing your first book/paper but the cost is too much?
This Fund is only made possible due to the generous donations we receive, which we are extremely grateful for, and as such, we cannot guarantee that it will always be available, that your application will be successful or that you will receive 100% of the amount requested.
Do you want to help us fundraise to help generate more donations? Head to https://giving.staffs.ac.uk to find out more!
How to apply
If you are successful in your application, our donors will want to see examples of what the Employability Award has helped towards, so we will ask that you share a post evaluation write up of your experience as well as images/video or something visual that represents what this has meant to you.
We wish you the best of luck, and hope you put your all into the application. Dig deep, show us your passion, and help make us #ProudToBeStaffs!
Spell check your application
Highlight your goals and ambitions
Explain why you chose us for your degree
We hope you take the time complete the application to the best of your ability and if you encounter any issues or require additional support during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 26 February 2024.
Bursary payment exemptions
Projects that will not be funded:
- Applications which are believed to be eligible for Research Council grants or other existing research funding sources. Applicants are advised to seek further advice from their Head of Department before submitting any applications with a research focus.
- Retrospective funding will not be considered.
- Applications from individuals (academic or student) seeking support for tuition, maintenance or other course fees or for replacement staff costs for sabbatical or other leave will not be considered.
- Projects requiring recurrent funding (including salaries and subscriptions).
- Projects requiring part-funding will only be considered if it is demonstrated that the rest of the project funds are available.
- Applications from individuals’ academic or student to cover living costs or social funding.
- Students will need to fund their own subsistence costs and any personal spending.