Thanks to generous donations into the Staffordshire University Horizon Fund and the University’s Student Experience Fund, a support package is being made available to help up to 50 students attend and exhibit at New Designers or Graduate Fashion Foundation (AKA Graduate Fashion Week) by offering up to £500 per student.
- Current full time Staffordshire University student
- Studying an eligible course:
- 3D Designer Maker
- Industrial Design; Product & Transport
- Surface Pattern & Textile Design
- Ability to attend the event on the relevant week.
- Students will be expected to contribute the remaining cost of attending New Designers or the Graduate Fashion Foundation.
- One application per student.
Applications for this bursary are now closed.
The funds will be paid directly to the provided bank account – students must also be willing to be involved in University publicity campaigns e.g. social media, web, magazines if required.
The funding available is limited and will be awarded based on the application you submit, and the level of detail provided. We cannot guarantee that your application will be successful, or that you will receive the full amount that you are requesting.
Students who have been awarded the Designers Exhibition Opportunity Award but are unable to attend may be expected to pay back some or all of the award.
Bursary payment exemptions
- The University will conduct a review of a student’s award if progress or performance in their studies is deemed to be unsatisfactory without an appropriate reason for this.
- If the scholar ceases to no longer be a registered full-time student at the University or they take up full-time employment whilst in receipt of the bursary, no further payments will occur.
- The University has the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the institution about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid to them.
- Staffordshire University reserves the right to revise or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. All decisions made by the Development and Alumni Relations Office are final.
- The University has the right to award/withdraw an award within 14-days of the applicant being made aware of their outcome if an error has occurred.
- Individual feedback is not guaranteed.