I am a former police officer and served for over 34 years as an officer both in Staffordshire Police and Nottinghamshire Police. I reached the rank of Assistant Chief Constable and served ay this level with both forces as well as the Home Office. The bulk of my service was spent serving the communities of Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire. I was an accredited police football commander, strategic firearms incident commander, strategic public order commander and strategic commander for chemical, biological, radioactive and nuclear terrorism.
In addition to my operational experience I have expertise in strategic leadership, performance management as well as both structural and cultural organisational change.
Professional memberships and activities
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MA Criminology, Diploma in Applied Criminology (Cambs),
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education.
- Strategic and operational command
- Strategic Leadership
- Performance and Risk Management
- Organisational Change.
- Knife Crime stop and search
- The effect of austerity on policing.
- Human Rights
- Investigative Skills
- Firearms Incident Management
- Policing Public Disorder including football matches,
- Vulnerability and Multi-Agency Working and Domestic Violence.