The Student Support and Experience Team is responsible for enhancing the student experience of all students studying at Staffordshire University.
Our specialist Practitioners and Advisors provide group workshops and 1-2-1 information, advice, guidance, and pastoral support for students on a variety of areas including:
- Information on Money Matters, from budgeting to applying to Student Support Fund, when students are struggling with financial concerns
- Access to and the promotion of resources available via Blackbullion
- Advice and guidance on academic processes including Information, advice and guidance on Exceptional Circumstances, Fitness to Study and Fitness to Practice processes, and Learning contracts for students retaking academic year
- Immigration advice related to the Student Route and UKVI compliance
- Our Start to Success OfS project team also fall within the remit of Student Support and Experience, promoting and cultivating an inclusive student wellbeing community
We have a sharepoint which any student with a Staffordshire University email account can access. The sharepoint contains lots of useful information for you so please have a browse through the information.
How to contact the team
You can book an appointment with an advisor to talk about your visa or issues relating to your permission to be in the UK, or come to a drop-in; the International team will be available on the ground floor of the Science Centre (Leek Road campus) to help with any quick questions you may have every Tuesday and Thursday from 2pm to 4pm.
Money & Guidance:
Students have an opportunity to drop-in to see a Money & Guidance Advisor. (Please note: there are limited slots available so these will be given on a first come, first served basis - students will need to sign up against a booking slot at the relevant location, on the day)
Drop-ins for Stoke Students:
Every Monday - 9.30a.m. - 12.30 in CA209, Catalyst Building, Leek Road, Stoke
(*Please note for the following dates we will be in CA2, Catalyst: 16/1/23, 23/1/23, 15/5/23, 22/5/23)
Every Wednesday - 1.00p.m. - 3.30p.m. in CA210, Catalyst Building, Leek Road, Stoke
(*Please note for the following dates we will be in CA2, Catalyst: 18/1/23, 17/5/23, 24/5/23)
Every Friday - 9.30a.m. - 12.30 in Coalport, Leek Road, Stoke.
Drop-ins for Stafford Students:
A Money & Guidance Advisor will be available in CH055, Blackheath Lane every Monday from w.c. 16th January 2023, 9.30a.m. - 3.00p.m.
Students can book an appointment (appointments will take place: Face to Face in the Trent Building, Leek Road, Stoke or via Microsoft Teams/Telephone) available every Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon.
The team is also available via Live Chat which is available from Monday to Friday from 2pm to 4pm and can be accessed by clicking the chat function on this page.
Alternatively you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to respond to you within ten working days.
Staffordshire University London
Staffordshire University London Students can make appointments using the above links (to meet via teams), email us and use the live chat function.
In-person drop-ins will resume at the Here East Campus on Wednesdays in September 2024.