How to get your Student ID Card

New students

All students need to have completed enrolment before they are issued with their student card.

Student cards are provided based on your mode of study and start date.

For students studying on campus (full-time, part-time and blended learning), you will be able to pick up your Student ID Card when you arrive for Welcome, or just before if convenient.

 Distance Learning or UK Partner students*, we will not automatically print a physical card, as its primary purpose is access to campus buildings and facilities and as identification on Staffordshire University Campuses. You will have access to a digital Student ID on Beacon.

* Stoke on Trent College, Stoke Sixth Form, Newcastle under Lyme and Stafford College students will have a card printed automatically, due to their locality and requirements on campus. Stoke on Trent College and Stoke Sixth Form students can collect their cards from the Stoke campus (as above). Newcastle under Lyme and Stafford College student cards will be provided via their College.

Returning students

If your card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, ask Beacon or visit Student Connect for details of how to get a replacement card

in the UK for Quality Education

Sustainable Development Goal 4, Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2023

for Career Prospects

Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2023

for Facilities

Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2023

for Social Inclusion

The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023

of Research Impact is ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Very Considerable’

Research Excellence Framework 2021

of Research is “Internationally Excellent” or “World Leading”

Research Excellence Framework 2021

Four Star Rating

QS Star Ratings 2021