International students

We're delighted that you have chosen to study with us. Once you have arrived at the University, you will be able to participate in a range of events and activities designed to help you settle in, enrol, and find your way around.


If you haven't already completed online enrolment, we would encourage you to do this before you arrive. However, don’t worry if you can’t as you'll be able to do so when you arrive on campus. You'll need your bank account details and a digital copy of a passport-style photo for this.  You can upload your photo when you arrive on campus, but it will be quicker if you do this in advance.

Face-to-face enrolment

During international enrolment, you will be required to present your passport and BRP (Biometric Residence Permit)/Visa (or collect your BRP from us if you have requested it is delivered to the University), as well as the certificates listed in your CAS and offer letter. You are advised to attend the International Welcome activities which will explain the responsibilities that are associated with your new visa. 

EU students will also need to complete face-to-face enrolment to present their documents/share code.

If you are a european student, you will still be required to do face-to-face enrolment. You will need to bring your passport and your boarding pass (from when you arrived in the UK) which will form part of your enrolment check, plus one other form of ID. Once your enrolment is fully completed,you will be issued with your student ID card.

Once your online enrolment is completed, we will send you a link to book a time slot to complete your face-to-face enrolment.

Your Student ID Card

All international students’ cards are valid for one year. In order to renew your card, you are required at the start of each academic year to undertake a right to study check. This involves you bringing your passport and visa to a specified point for verification by our Student Support and Experience team. Once this check has been completed, you will receive your new student card. Please note that this check must be completed within four weeks of the start of term.

UK University

StudentCrowd University Awards 2022

for Job Prospects

StudentCrowd University Awards 2022

for Student Satisfaction

Complete University Guide 2022

for Social Inclusion

The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023

for Course Content

StudentCrowd University Awards 2022

of Research Impact is ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Very Considerable’

Research Excellence Framework 2021