I’m a technical practitioner with an emphasis on film production technology. I started at undergraduate level at Staffordshire university, completing my degree in Film Theory and went on to complete my Masters in Film Production Theory and Practice thereafter.
Following this I moved to China where I worked at the British School of Guangzhou, an international Cambridge accredited institution, providing critical learning for young children across a variety of subjects including Art, English and Maths.
Upon my return to the UK I joined the Hideaway Studios Group, a leading time-lapse film production company in which I became the principle camera operator, editor and installer of long term time lapse camera systems, working with some of the biggest companies in the world, including Nintendo, McDonalds, The BBC, UEFA, Lego, Aston Martin, Three and Airbus.
This unique role allowed me to capture some truly spectacular projects, most memorably the building of the Mars Rover ‘Rosalind Franklin’, and the restoration/preservation of Henry VIII’s warship ‘The Mary Rose’
Following this I joined Staffordshire University as a Technical Specialist and strive to provide the same high level of teaching of which I was so grateful to receive when I was a student here myself.
- MA Film Production Theory and Practice
- BA (Hons) Film Studies
- DaVinci Resolve Certified Trainer + End User
- UAPQ-s Accredited Unmanned Aviation Pilot
- Adobe Premiere Pro Certified Expert
- Cinema Camera demonstration, training and analysis
- Cinema Lighting demonstration, training and analysis
- Electronic and mechanical gimbal demonstration, training and analysis
- Rig demonstration and training
- Post-Production software training
- Online content creation
- Equipment health and safety
- Technical Instruction curriculum scheduling
- Equipment research and development
- Equipment purchasing
- Equipment maintenance