I have over 20 years’ experience in teaching, mainly post registration and post graduate taught courses. I have been a course lead for the masters in advanced clinical practice programme for over 2 years.
Professional memberships and activities
Royal College of Nursing, Association of Advanced Practice Educators
PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons), PGDHE, DMS, RGN
Advanced clinical practice, rheumatology, patient education
Rheumatology, anca associasted vasculitis, patient education
Clinical Reasoning and Decision Making module
Advanced Health Assessment module
- Mooney J, Graham K, Watts RA (2019) Impact of caring for someone with a rare rheumatic condition, views from patients and informal carers – the need for cat-like vigilance, Rheumatology Advances in Practice, Rheumatology Advances in Practice, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2019, rkz003, https://doi.org/10.1093/rap/rkz001
- Mooney J, Watts RA (2017) Educating people with rare rheumatological conditions: Patients deserve better, Rheumatology 2017; doi:10.1093/rheumatology/kew487
- Yates M, Watts RA, Bajema IM, Cid MC, Crestani B, Hauser T, Hellmich B, Holle JU, Laudien M, Little MA Luqmani RA, Mahr A, Merkel PA, Mills J, Mooney J, Segelmark M, Tesar V, Westman K, Vaglio A Yalçındağ N, Jayne DR, Mukhtyar C (2017)Validation of the EULAR / ERA-EDTA recommendations for the management of ANCA-associated vasculitis by disease content experts. RMD open, in press
- Janice Mooney, Nicola Spalding, Fiona Poland, Peter Grayson ,Renee Ledu, Carol A McAle (2014) The informational needs of patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis--development of an informational needs questionnaire, Rheumatology (Oxford) 2014 Aug 12;53(8):1414-21. Epub 2014 Mar 12.
- Mooney J, Poland F, Spalding N, Scott DGI, Watts RA (2013) “In one ear and out the other-it’s a lot to take in”: A qualitative study exploring the informational needs of patients with ANCA Associated Vasculitis' Musculoskeletal Care. 11:1: 51-59