I am a Lecturer in Children’s Nursing and Module lead for the Leadership CPD. My clinical background is varied and has been mainly in acute medicine, with the large part of my career being in Children’s Intensive Care, where I have undertaken retrieval of patients from tertiary units. I have worked as a Nurse Practitioner in a Secondary school and was also the Team Manager for one of the first Mental Health Support teams in the UK.
My interests include Leadership and Psychological safety and I hold a PG Cert in Transformational Leadership. I am also a Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) practitioner, allowing me to support students and staff during Incident debriefing. I am actively involved in Schools and Colleges events at Staffordshire University and hope to inspire the Nurses of the future.
Professional memberships and activities
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- I am due to start my Academic Professional Apprenticeship at Staffordshire University
- PG Cert in Transformational Leadership- University of Northampton
- Diploma In Critical Care – Keele University
- Diploma in Nursing(Child) Nottingham University
- Children’s Intensive Care Nursing including Advanced Paediatric Life Support.
- CYP Mental Health-including resilience
- Bsc (Hons) Nursing Practice
- TNA/RNDA programmes
- Leadership CPD (Level 6)