With a design career that spans 25 years in the textiles industry, my background is predominantly in childrenswear print and graphic design, with experience also in swimwear, leisurewear, socks and bridalwear.
Starting my career at Courtaulds Textiles in 1995, I have managed and maintained many high street accounts and have had my designs in major stores.
In 2000 I opened my own bridalwear business which focussed on bespoke designs, and British and European high end designer brands. In its’ first year my business won “Best Newcomer” in the British Bridal Awards and ran for 8 years.
After returning to childrenswear design in 2009, I started teaching my design skills in Higher Education in 2012. As a part Time lecturer, I taught across numerous courses such as Fashion Knitwear, Fashion Branding, Textile Design, Footwear and Contour design, at both Nottingham Trent and De Montfort Universities.
I now focus primarily on my career in Higher Education as a senior academic and course leader at Staffordshire University. I keep my connections with Industry partners current and bring these opportunities to my students, providing them with real world employment experiences.
Professional memberships and activities
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member SEDA – Staff and Educational Development Association
- Member of the Textiles Institute
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education, Staffordshire University.
- BA Hons Textile Design, Loughborough University
- Digital Textile Design
- Computer Aided Design skills – Adobe creative cloud
- Industry Practice
- Textiles innovation
- Visual Communication
- Portfolio and presentation skills