Senior Lecturer – Transport Engineering
Course Leader – MSc Aeronautical Engineering
Engineering Projects Coordinator
IMechE Academic Liaison Officer
Having worked in Civil Engineering for a time alongside her degree studies, Debi returned to the University as a part time Lecturer in 2008. In 2013, she became a full-time member of staff taking on responsibility for the Automotive courses. She currently coordinates the Engineering projects for the Department.
- 2007 BSc(Hons) Aeronautical Design Technology, Staffordshire University
- 2009 MSc Automotive Engineering, Staffordshire University
- 2012 PgCert Higher and Professional Education (PgCHPE), Staffordshire University
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Member of the IMechE and IET
Debi has a keen interest in Transport Aerodynamics, Engine Design and Engineering History (specifically transport-linked) especially that of Boulton Paul Aircraft Ltd. She is part of the Boulton Paul Heritage Project and as such was part of the team to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2012. The changing landscape of Transport Engineering means she has branched out to investigate the areas of autonomous, connected and future automotive engineering.
Debi’s research interests include Automotive and Aeronautical topics, mostly Aerodynamics and Engine related areas branching out into Autonomous and Future Automotive. Alongside this she volunteers as part of the Boulton Paul Heritage Project to preserve their Aviation History and Heritage.
- Article “Cars will change more in the next decade than they have in the past decade” published on The Conversation (14 May 2019) and The Independent (29 May 2019)
- Article “Careers in Motorsport Field’ published in the Deccan Herald Education section in Bangalore
10 November 2016 http://www.deccanherald.com/content/580240/careers-motorsport-field.html
Debi currently leads a series of modules relevant to the areas of Automotive, Motorsport and Aeronautical Aerodynamics, Engine Design and Transportation linked subjects.
Department of Engineering and Design (Transport Engineering)
School of Creative Arts and Engineering
t: +44 (0) 1785 353435