Atoms/Iconography/360-white@2xion-briefcase - Ionicons Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark Copy@2x3B13F687-6EB2-452A-B918-16B02FF86090@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2x81A2B1C2-3C1E-48C0-8EAB-2BB76C1052E1@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome Copy@2x18D48E51-758C-47E9-949E-1E58FC9454A3@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-red@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-white@2xion-android-cloud-circle - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Brand/connected-uni-logo-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-download-icon-white@2xdropdown-chevron-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/dropdown-form-chevron-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/email-icon-light@1xF93E1E4C-136C-41CA-8FC9-02353765C1C0@2xA14CB21F-CD96-450C-BBD7-6647B25B0D0D@1xatoms/Iconography/facebook-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/facebook-iconAtoms/Iconography/google-plus-icon@2xion-ios-information-outline - IoniconsAtoms/Iconography/instagram-iconGroup@2xAtoms/Iconography/linkedin-icon@2xion-android-menu - Ionicons@2x934F565B-4D4A-4BBE-B4EA-29E0D367BC7F@2xAtoms/Iconography/minus-icon@2xAEC8A5E2-9638-45F8-9E94-3C320D2410A9@2xAtoms/Iconography/nav-icon-white Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/pause-icon-white@2xion-android-person - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Iconography/phone-icon-white@2x5131105A-B2E1-443D-A44D-E6DCCBBF53DD@2xAtoms/iconography/pintrest-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/play-button-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-play-button-white-2@2xAtoms/Iconography/plus-icon-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/print-icon-light@2x34CD08DE-22EB-4484-B0B4-48190645DEBC@2xsearch - FontAwesome@2xAtoms/Iconography/search-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/snapchat-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/tick-green@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-iconAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2x Skip to content Skip to search

Enrolment FAQs

If you have any questions regarding face to face enrolment, you will be able to find answers here. Should you have any futher questions, or need any support then please email

Do I need to complete face-to-face enrolment?

All new and returning students must first complete on-line enrolment.  If you’re a new student, the next stage will be face-to-face enrolment.   At your face-to-face enrolment session, we'll check to ensure that you have completed all the steps in the on-line enrolment process, we'll also verify your identity and nationality and check that your personal details are correct.

How will I make an appointment for face to face?

If you’ve not yet received you’re face-to-face enrolment invite there’s no need to worry. We’re sending these out in batches throughout September to make sure we can prioritise those students who need to completed enrolment first. Make sure to check your emails regularly (including your spam email folder) for your invite.

This year, face-to-face enrolment will take place on-line for most students (using Microsoft Teams).  When it’s time to complete this stage, you will be contacted on the email address you provided to us when you completed on-line enrolment.  Within the email, we’ll provide instructions on how to book an appointment, and how to join the Teams meeting – don’t worry, you don’t need to install Teams - you can join the meeting simply by clicking the link in the calendar item you will receive upon confirmation of your appointment booking.  You don’t need to come to the University campus unless we ask you to but if you have any issues or concerns, please contact us via  

What if I don’t have access to IT or run into technical problems?

If you don’t have access to IT and/or there are other reasons why you can’t complete face to face enrolment on-line, then please get in touch with us at

If we can’t help to resolve this, we will arrange a face to face appointment for you in person on the University campus. 

How long does the process take?

The University, like many others, has had to make some changes to its enrolment processes this year.  We have adapted the face-to-face part of the enrolment process so that it can now be completed on-line, to reduce the number of students who have to come onto campus.  We have allowed 5 minutes for each appointment but calls are spaced for every 10 minutes to allow extra time.  We will keep the process under review to see if we need to make any changes.

What do I need to have ready at the meeting?

For UK students, other visa types and European Students 

You will need the two forms of ID with you that you uploaded (one must be your passport or birth certificate), preferably the ID that you uploaded when you completed online enrolment. 

Please ensure you have the ID ready for the virtual face-to-face appointment.  If it is that you don’t have the ID that you uploaded (for example, you uploaded your passport and have had to send it off for you student loan application or don’t have it with you), please contact rather than book an appointment.  If you know you’ll have the ID within a couple of days, please book an appointment when you know you will have it with you.  Otherwise, colleague at will advise you.

If you have any questions about your ID requirements, please contact us at

I have changed my name since application or online enrolment

If you have legally changed your name, you will need to email your deed poll document or marriage certificate to  Please don’t book a virtual face-to-face enrolment slot until the change has been made as we need to enrol you in your new name.

What about my student loan?

If you are taking out a student loan and have your payment notification letter, please have it with you.  If this hasn’t arrived or you don’t have the letter with you, please don’t worry and do go ahead with booking the enrolment slot.

I am an International student, how does face-to-face enrolment apply to me?

Your face-to-face enrolment will take place in person and not on-line.

During International Enrolment, you will be required to present your passport and BRP (Biometric Residence Permit)/Visa (or collect your BRP from us if you have requested it is delivered to the University), as well as the certificates listed in your CAS and offer letter.

I am studying at a partner college, do I need to complete face to face enrolment?

Students who are studying at a UK partner college, or via distance learning do not need to complete face-to-face enrolment.  Your college will issue your ID cards.  Student ID cards will be posted to your home address.  

I am a student returning to study, do I need to attend face to face enrolment?

Continuing students who have student loans do not need to attend face-to-face enrolment to have their student finance activated.  Provided you have enrolled online, we will activate your finance payments in the first week of term.

How do I get my Student ID card?

If you are a new student, then for most students, your Student ID card will be posted to your University contact address (this is the address you’ll be living at during your studies).  For students whose enrolment is on campus, you will be able to pick up your Student ID Card when attend your face-to-face enrolment session, or at the Student Hub on the University campus. 

If you are studying at a partner college, your college will issue your Student ID card.  This will be posted to your home address.

If you are a returning student and your card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, please visit the Student ID Card section of our website for details of how to get a replacement card. 

Where can I get help if I’ve got any queries or concerns about face to face enrolment before my appointment?

If you're unable to wait until your meeting and you can't find the information you're looking for on our enrolment webpages, please contact