Atoms/Iconography/360-white@2xion-briefcase - Ionicons Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark Copy@2x3B13F687-6EB2-452A-B918-16B02FF86090@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2x81A2B1C2-3C1E-48C0-8EAB-2BB76C1052E1@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome Copy@2x18D48E51-758C-47E9-949E-1E58FC9454A3@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-red@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-white@2xion-android-cloud-circle - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Brand/connected-uni-logo-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-download-icon-white@2xdropdown-chevron-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/dropdown-form-chevron-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/email-icon-light@1xF93E1E4C-136C-41CA-8FC9-02353765C1C0@2xA14CB21F-CD96-450C-BBD7-6647B25B0D0D@1xatoms/Iconography/facebook-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/facebook-iconAtoms/Iconography/google-plus-icon@2xion-ios-information-outline - IoniconsAtoms/Iconography/instagram-iconGroup@2xAtoms/Iconography/linkedin-icon@2xion-android-menu - Ionicons@2x934F565B-4D4A-4BBE-B4EA-29E0D367BC7F@2xAtoms/Iconography/minus-icon@2xAEC8A5E2-9638-45F8-9E94-3C320D2410A9@2xAtoms/Iconography/nav-icon-white Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/pause-icon-white@2xion-android-person - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Iconography/phone-icon-white@2x5131105A-B2E1-443D-A44D-E6DCCBBF53DD@2xAtoms/iconography/pintrest-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/play-button-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-play-button-white-2@2xAtoms/Iconography/plus-icon-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/print-icon-light@2x34CD08DE-22EB-4484-B0B4-48190645DEBC@2xsearch - FontAwesome@2xAtoms/Iconography/search-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/snapchat-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/tick-green@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-iconAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/icon-tiktok-icon Skip to content Skip to search

Certificates and transcripts


University Award Certificates

All students completing their awards in June/July should receive a certificate of their award and a transcript of modules studied by the end of September.

Students completing at other times of the year can expect to receive their certificates within 6 weeks of receiving formal notification in writing of their award.

Once you have completed your course, a new 'My Certificate' tab will appear on e-vision which can be used to check the status of your certificate.

If you graduated after 1993

A replacement certificate will cost £50.00 and should be ordered via our online shop only once you have completed the Award Documentation request form

This form will ask you to share photographic identification with us (such as a passport or driving licence), as well as a countersigned Replacement Certificate Declaration (Microsoft Word, 116kb). The identification document is needed to verify your identity only and it will be securely destroyed by the University.


All graduating students will receive a transcript of modules studied, listing individual grades, with their award certificate. 

if you are a Nursing or Miderwify graduate and you need documents to support an emigration to work outside of the UK then please contact Lynne Ashcroft for advice.

If you graduated in 1998 or later

A replacement transcript will cost £12.00 per copy and should be ordered via our online shop only once you have completed the Award Documentation request form

This form will ask you to share photographic identification (such as a passport or driving licence) with us.  The identification document is needed to verify your identity only and it will be securely destroyed by the University.

If you graduated between 1993 and 1998

It is not always possible to provide a full transcript to students who graduated earlier than 1998 as module details and marks were not recorded electronically prior to this date. Therefore, we will need to search for your records in our archives. If records are incomplete or missing from the archive, we will be unable to provide a transcript. However, we can issue a letter confirming the period of study and award gained. 

Once you have submitted an Award Documentation request form, please wait for confirmation from the Assessment and Awards team before making an online shop payment so that we can search the archive records and advise if we can produce a transcript for you. Historic transcripts cost £20 per copy.

If you graduated before 1993

We are unable to provide replacement certificates or transcripts for pre- 1993 awards made by Staffordshire Polytechnic or North Staffordshire Polytechnic. Certificates and transcripts awarded before 1993 fall into one of the following two categories:

How long will it take for my replacement Certificate or Transcript to be processed?

We aim to process requests for replacement award documents as quickly as possible but during busy periods it may take up to 10 working days (from the point of payment) for your documents to be sent to you. If the request relates to a historic award, an award studied via an overseas partner institution or is particularly complex query it may take longer for us to process. Requests sent during University closure periods will be processed when the University re-opens. 

Please be aware that, due to the volume of queries we receive, it's not possible for us to confirm the status of individual requests by email.  The Award Documentation request form will offer you the option to receive a receipt of submission and you should please accept this, and your online shop payment receipt, as confirmation that your request is in process.

Legalisation and Apostilles

Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a UK public document is genuine and is often required by foreign authorities before they will accept a UK public document for use in their country. 

The Apostille is the stamp/certification which is issued by the competent authority in the country. In the UK, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's (FCO) Legalisation Office is the only competent authority to issue apostilles and legalisation certificates. Please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for details on how to apply for your document to be legalised.

Please contact if you have any questions.