I have been part of the animation industry since 1989; working on many commercial series known world-wide. Since I started teaching 14 years ago, I have continually maintained my own professional skills, using computer graphics to create my own characters and environments, repeatedly channelling many of these assets into teaching aids for the students.
My own work is something that I am passionate about and I believe it shows in your teaching. I have been using virtual reality software for my own work increasingly and have been sharing these skills with the animation students.
I am a member of several groups of digital artists world-wide and regularly meet with them on-line for discussions about new technology and the direction digital art is going in.
I also regularly practice Urban Sketching, landscape drawing and digital photo-bash character design.
Professional memberships and activities
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority.
- Postgraduate Cert. in Higher and Professional Education
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
- BA (Hons) Degree in Film, Photography and Animation, West Surrey College of Art and Design, 1989.
- Computer graphics and animation
- Character Design
- Digital Art
- Virtual Worlds
- Performance driven non-dialogue character animation
- Spoken word character performance
- Character design and implementation
- Software training; Autodesk Maya & Mudbox
- Life drawing and life sculpture
- Story structuring, the use of narrative and storyboarding
- 3D computer graphics modelling, texturing, rigging, lighting, and rendering
- Production design
- Production Pipeline Workflow
- Camera theory and practice.
- Background design and layout; 2D
- Puppet Making
- Set Building