Dawn has a master's degree in surface pattern design, her specialism is in combing traditional art techniques with creative digital design processes enabling design transformations for a range of commercial applications.
I am a Lecturer on the Surface Pattern Design with 20 years industry experience for luxury brands, homeware, licensing, freelance design agency and greeting card design. Design work projects include Liberty of London, Harrods, and John Lewis, also been involved in licensing for London 2012 Olympics and licensing my art for kitchen textiles. I have wide-ranging experience in several industries and a real passion for Surface Pattern design and sharing my knowledge.
I am part of a dynamic team that fully supports graduates in their chosen career paths through exciting design modules and live commercial briefs designed to stretch creative abilities and develop a deep understanding of the design process.
- Surface Pattern Design Masters by Negotiated Study - Staffordshire University
- Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons) Staffordshire University
- HND Fine Art Newcastle-under-Lyme College
- City & Guilds an Introduction to Delivering Learning Newcastle-under-Lyme College
- Certificate in First Line Management City and Guilds
- HNC Graphics Design & Digital Camera Newcastle-under-Lyme College
- Surface Pattern Design & Repeat Pattern
- Design Management
- Trend Research
- Product Visuals
- Sample Development
- Photoshop & Illustrator
Enterprise and commercial interests
Personal projects include my love of nature and creating art outdoors combined with digital design techniques. I love to create 'real digital art' with the textural qualities of traditional art processes. I am the founder of Patternologie, which focuses on digital design techniques and creative workshops. You can find examples of my work on my website: www.patternologie.co.uk
- Introduction to Surface Pattern Design & Textile Design
- Commercial Opportunity
- Personal Investigation
- Colour in Design
- AVA CADCAM