I graduated with a first class degree in BSc (Hons) Psychology from the University of Derby in 2016. I joined Staffordshire University in February 2018 as Schools and Colleges Champion for Psychology, and in January 2020, I joined the technical team as a Technical Skills Specialist for Psychology.
I'm responsible for providing delivery of specialist technical skills and support in the subject area of psychology, including the delivery of technical skills seminars to support taught academic theory. I also supervise and maintain the psychology suite of laboratories and provide on-hand technical instruction, assessment and support to aid student learning.
Professional memberships and activities
Member of the ATSiP (Association of Technical Staff in Psychology).
BSc (Hons) Psychology (First Class), University of Derby, 2016
- To continually enhance the student learning experience through the development of the psychology technical provision.
- Identifying current psychology related media trends to inform and design interactive psychology based demonstrations.
- To investigate and optimise technology for current and future research projects.
Development and Delivery of Technical Skills Sessions:
- Devise, lead and deliver technical skills seminars to support taught academic theory within Cognitive Biological Determinates of Behaviour (Level 5).
- Devise, lead and deliver technical skills sessions to introduce students to advanced research equipment within Research Methods (Level 4).
- Devise, lead and deliver technical skills seminars to support taught academic theory within the MSc Health Psychology (Level 7).
- Devise, lead and deliver technical skills seminars to support taught academic theory within Cross-Faculty disciplines.
Development and Delivery of Technical Instruction:
- Liaise, practically assess, and support level 6 students in all technical aspects of experimental-based research projects; from design and procedure to data extraction.
- Liaise and support staff and post graduates in their respective research.
- Provide audio visual training and support for counselling and clinical skills sessions.
- Provide technical resource inductions for students, researchers and staff.
- Support, demonstrate, and promote the psychology technical provision at internal and external facing events.