I have worked as a rotational midwife in a variety of settings within the NHS including; community, a freestanding midwifery led unit, antenatal/postnatal, delivery suite, HDU and a conjoined midwifery led unit. I currently maintain Midwifery practice at a busy NHS maternity unit to ensure my practice is contemporary – and of course to bring my experiences into my current role as a midwifery lecturer !
Professional memberships and activities
Registered Midwife - Nursing and Midwifery Council
Royal College of Midwives – Member
Fellow of the HEA
Expert member HRA REC Committee
Member of regional academic PMA network
- Bsc (Hons) Midwifery Practice (Staffordshire University)
- Msc Education in Women’s Health (Staffordshire University)
- PG Cert in Higher and Professional Education (Staffordshire University)
- Cert in Sexual Health Advising (Staffordshire University)
- Newborn Infant Physical Examination (Staffordshire University)
- Professional Advocate AEQUIP (Birmingham City University)
- Education and mentorship in clinical practice (Keele University)
- PhD (Staffordshire University)
- Mixed methods certificate (Oxford University)
Enterprise and commercial interests
I have a strong interest in maintaining positive relationships with our clinical partners. I currently link with University Hospital of North Midlands, but also have developed tools that can be utilised for all of our partners to maintain and continue to develop successful partnerships.
Attended internationalisation week in Linz Austria Applied Sciences Upper Austria to develop partnerships and participate in workshops, discussing collaborative innovations and differences in healthcare provisions globally.