I am an experienced researcher and evaluator having worked with education, skills and employability, and social justice organisations including ActionAid, the British Council, the Careers & Enterprise Company, Pearson Education, and the Youth Sport Trust, to deliver actionable reports and outputs that inform organisational and systems change.
At Staffordshire University I work to develop an evaluative mindset underpinned by evidence -informed practice across the university. I am part of a team designing the university’s Access and Participation Plan (APP), a strategy working to bridge gaps in access, continuation, completion, attainment, and progression among marginalised student groups. A core part of this is to design Theories of Change and evaluation to support with local planning across academic schools and professional services. In addition to access and participation, I also support the development of a robust Module Evaluation Survey process that both ensures student voice is heard and academics have the tools needed to act on student feedback. My work here includes client relations, communications planning, design, delivery, and analysis/reporting.
My work also supports the development of outputs for strategic publications such as the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Prior to joining Staffordshire University, I was a teaching assistant in mainstream and special education for seven years in Brent, Knowsley and Kirby; some of the UK’s most deprived local authorities.
Following this, I coordinated an education programme in the international development sector for BlinkNow Foundation, a Nepal-based INGO. This role included delivery of in-person and remote research and evaluation, capacity building training, and curriculum development that supported English, Nepali and SEND programme delivery. Subsequently I went on to work for The Research Base, an international research consultancy, where my portfolio of work covered design, delivery, analysis, reporting and presentation of mixed method, quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation spanning the UK and international skills and education, non-profit, and government sectors.
- MA International Relations
- BA English Literature and Spanish.
- Theory of Change design
- Research and evaluation framework design
- Data collection tool design (including data matrices, surveys, and interview and focus group guides)
- Analysis and triangulation of findings
- Reporting outputs including full reports, presentations and infographics
- Research areas: education, social justice, climate justice, equal rights.
- Access and participation
- Social justice
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Climate responsibility
- Place-based learning
- Neurodiversity in education.
- CEC (Careers a& Enterprise Company) – Primary Fund Evaluation [contributor]
- Pearson Education - Pearson’s report into the Future of Qualifications & Assessment in England [contributor]