“Hi! I’m a lecturer on the Esports course here at Staffs. I’ve been ingrained in the esports ecosystem on some level for years starting as a fan, then having boots on the ground working a variety of events worldwide, before deciding to move into Higher Education.
I have experience in esports broadcasting, marketing and events management, to date I’ve worked on a variety of events nationally and internationally in different roles. In 2021 I began working in a lecturing role here at Staffs, where I’m completing post graduate study alongside teaching.
In 2022, I was honoured to be given the responsibility of First Year level lead, which means that I’m responsible for the admin side and induction of our students when they join the course. This continues throughout the year, with me being the first point of contact for any issues, concerns or questions they may have. I also handle recruitment for the course, so if you’ve been to any college visits or open days you’ll probably have seen me there!
During our recent course update I played a major part and helped lead the conversation to produce the most valuable offering possible, and create a forward-thinking degree.
Externally to teaching and responsibilities, I am currently pursuing research around engagement learning and industry collaboration in education and working on a presentation workshop with Josh and Ross which is currently collecting data for publication.”
- Post-graduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (current), Staffordshire University
- BA (Hons) Esports, Staffordshire University
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, Google Garage/Open University
- Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business Management, Staffordshire University
- Contemporary Marketing
- Events Management
- Project Management
- Experiential Learning
- Industry engagement in Education
- Engagement Marketing
- Virtual Production
- Emerging Media/Innovative Disruption
Enterprise and commercial interests
“Currently focussed on Programme Development, outreach and collaboration with school and college FE programmes to prepare students for Higher Education, and working extensively into industry engagement in the teaching environment for direct student outcomes.”
- Contemporary Marketing Applications,
- Live Broadcast Technologies,
- Digital Media Platforms,
- Community Management,
- Live Production Workflows,
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Emerging Media & Techniques,
- Final Year Project.
- Esports Events Experience
- Event Planning & Strategy
- Esports Broadcasting
- Single Player Esports Events
- Multiplayer Events
- Esports Integrity, Regulation & Risk