In June 2020, Sacha joined the Institute of Policing at Staffordshire University as a Lecturer in Policing. Responsibilities include planning, delivering, assessing and reviewing materials on the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA), and the Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP) across the four policing regions. Sacha's areas of expertise are victimology, offender management and evidence-based policing. Sacha is passionate about the student journey, utilising knowledge gained through her own educational studies, operational policing experience, and academic roles. Sacha was previously employed by the University of Wolverhampton on their two-year graduate scheme, lecturing in the Criminology and Policing departments.
Alongside this role, Sacha studied a postgraduate teaching qualification in the Post Compulsory Education sector. Sacha also completed placements in a Foundation Education college, teaching on the BTEC Uniformed Public Services programmes at Levels 1-5. Sacha later moved into Academic Coaching at the university, providing 1-1 academic and pastoral support to 500 Level 3 and 4 business management and nursing students across a two-year period. Alongside this role, Sacha completed a Master of Arts in Professional Practice and Lifelong Education, and a Level 3 Institute of Leadership and Management qualification in Coaching and Mentoring.
Alongside her studies and employment, Sacha volunteered as a Special Constable in West Mercia Police and was later promoted to the role of Special Sergeant. Over the 5 year period, Sacha worked in various roles and departments including the Proactive Criminal Investigation Department, Integrated Offender Management, and the Operational Policing Unit. Sacha was also on the Rural Crime Team, a Casualty Bureau Officer, and an assessor on the Special Constable recruitment team, carrying out competency-based interviews and Assessment Centre's.
Professional memberships and activities
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Society for Evidence Based Policing
- Cambridge Centre for Evidence Based Policing
- Research Centre for Crime, Justice and Security
- Professional Certificate in Evidence-Based Policing Leadership, University of Cambridge
- MA in Professional Practice and Lifelong Education – Distinction
- University of Wolverhampton Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 in Coaching and Mentoring
- University of Wolverhampton Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Masters) Post Compulsory Education
- University of Wolverhampton BA (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice with Law – First Classification
Sacha's research interests include: evidence-based policing; criminological theory; victimology; offender management; rural and community policing; lifelong education; and coaching and mentoring.
Sacha teaches across a range of modules on the PCDA and DHEP programme's including: Policing Practice; Evidence-Based Policing; Community Policing; Response Policing; and Information and Intelligence Management. Sacha is also a DHEP academic tutor, and has been a Research Supervisor for PCDA students completing their final year Research Project.