Staffordshire University has developed a suite of free support to help businesses and their employees in the wake of COVID-19
This is an opportunity to retrain, upskill and prepare for jobs of the future and at Staffordshire University we are working with numerous partners and stakeholders to support individuals who are facing redundancy.
Professor Martin Jones, Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Launched this month, its Triage Support Services aim to help local businesses who already have or will have to make redundancies. A recent Staffordshire University study led by Professor David Etherington shows that Stoke-on-Trent’s economy is vulnerable to the coronavirus crisis, estimating that around 27,000 jobs could be lost.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor Martin Jones is a member of Staffordshire County Council’s Redundancy Taskforce established to support those made redundant as a result of COVID-19.
He explained: “Many businesses are having to make difficult decisions about their staffing due to coronavirus and it is vital that we work together to help rebuild the region’s workforce and support the local economy. This is an opportunity to retrain, upskill and prepare for jobs of the future and at Staffordshire University we are working with numerous partners and stakeholders to support individuals who are facing redundancy.
“We are here to offer free guidance every step of the way, with expert advice for those who hope to start or expand a new business including access to our state-of-the-art facilities on campus. We also have a wide array of industry-focused courses which are open to prospective students of all ages and backgrounds through Clearing.”
Services on offer include:
- Step Up to Higher Education (HE) – this free course is perfect for those who want to return to realise their potential and move onto the next stages of their careers. It has been specifically developed for pre-degree learners who are considering moving onto a range of professional based undergraduate courses at Staffordshire University.
- ‘Survive and Thrive’ webinars – this series of 10 free webinars delivered by Staffordshire University Business School academics has been designed to support entrepreneurs and SMEs on areas such as relationship building, business assessment and audience engagement.
- Career advice centre – careers advisors are available to support any staff who may be in a redundancy situation with guidance on writing CVs, covering letters, personal statements, interview preparation and more.
- Innovation Enterprise Zone – with the latest facilities and access to leading experts, the Innovation Enterprise Zone will be a place for those who hope to start or expand a new business. Using our ideas, skills and the results of our research, our team will work with you to find cost-effective innovative solutions and develop new services, products and processes.
- Clearing – Staffordshire University still has places in Clearing across a variety of subject areas. To speak to one of Staffordshire University’s Clearing experts, call 0800 590 830. Alternatively, you can get an instant decision through our online offer generator by visiting staffs.ac.uk
Interested businesses can find out about each of these services in more detail by visiting our Triage Services Support webpage or if you would like to speak to a member of the Employer Partnerships team, please email email@example.com.