I’m a lecturer in the School of Digital, Technologies and Arts. I apply my academic background in Information Systems to teach a range of business and technical modules. My main technical interest is Database Management Systems. However, information technology makes no sense outside its human context. I therefore focus on Project Management, especially the problem identification stage, and adopting a holistic approach to managing quality.
Much of my teaching involves students doing projects with local businesses and social enterprises to solve problems. These broaden and deepen students’ and lecturers’ understanding of the impact of their work in authentic settings.
Professional memberships and activities
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MPhil, ‘Student use of networked computer workstations: A microeconomic view’, University of Central Lancashire
- MA Marketing, University of Cumbria
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Liverpool University
- BA Economics, Lancaster University