I am a Clinical Tutor on the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I work at the university for two days a week and continue to work clinically as a psychologist in private practice.
I graduated from the University of Wolverhampton in 2005 with a Bsc (hons) in Psychology. Prior to doctoral training I worked in IAPT (Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies) and Prison Services.
I completed doctoral training in Clinical Psychology at Staffordshire in 2013. Since qualifying, I have worked in the NHS as a clinical psychologist in primary and secondary mental health care, as well as in physical health settings and with looked after children. I am experienced in delivering individual and group interventions and providing consultation.
My clinical work draws on a variety of models including CBT, ACT, IPT and EMDR. I attend a regular EMDR supervision group and I am a member of the EMDR association. I am interested in using qualitative research methods to understand experiences and completed my own doctoral research using grounded theory to explore older attitudes towards depression and seeking help for it.
Professional memberships and activities
- Registered with the HCPC
- Member of Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Member of EMDR Association
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Universities of Staffordshire and Keele (2013)
- Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions, Birmingham City University (2009)
- BA (Hons) Psychology, Wolverhampton University (2005)
- Clinical Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy