Tailored fully funded* support for businesses in the Cannock Chase District area to take the first step towards Net Zero targets.
Net Zero Pathfinder is a 12-week fully funded programme delivered in partnership with Cannock Chase District Council. This programme is designed for businesses looking to implement a Net Zero plan aligned with Net Zero commitments.
What to expect?
Build your Net Zero plan with a trained Staffordshire University student or graduate (Innovation Consultant). Your Consultant will work closely with the University’s expert academics throughout the duration of the project to deliver activities, such as:
- Innovation advice
- Market research
- Ideas scoping
- Evaluating Net Zero options
- Feasibility studies of transferring to Net Zero
- Feasibility of embedding new technologies or processes in business
Each bespoke partnership will receive:
- A trained student or graduate intern (Innovation Consultant) placed within your organisation for 12 weeks
- A dedicated Academic Net Zero Expert to support both your business and Innovation Consultant throughout the duration of the programme
- Access to Staffordshire University's state-of-the-art equipment based at the Innovation Enterprise Zone. Specialist equipment includes 3D printers, robotic arms, and laser scanners, as well as high-tech PC equipment with access to a variety of leading commercial software
All of the above is fully funded in partnership with Cannock Chase District Council and offered free of charge to each participating organisation.
Decarbonisation towards Net Zero
Successful businesses recognize that climate protection measures are critical to their success. Your business will benefit from increased revenue, reduced costs, stakeholder engagement, and reduced risk.
Fully funded expertise
Reduce your carbon footprint stress-free. Our experienced researchers and Net Zero Analysts lead the project with the latest research and insights to help organizations move toward their Net Zero goals.
£1,000 Net Zero grant
Participating businesses can apply for a £1,000 Net Zero grant at the end of the project to support the adoption of Net Zero practices. This provides the opportunity to take tangible steps towards sustainability.
Other benefits include:
- Boost growth and profits
- Drive new product development
- Stimulate R&D and innovation capacity
- Retain skilled employees
- Create high-value jobs
- Increase competitiveness
Who can apply?
This programme is exclusive to businesses based in the Cannock Chase District Council region.
Business Engagement Consultant
I am an Employer Partnerships Development Officer, promoting fully-funded and exciting commercial innovation opportunities for Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire-based SMEs.
I am a qualified project manager with twenty years of experience. Supporting regional development through skills, innovation and enterprise projects and policy development, I have held positions in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Ep Develop'Mt Mgr-K'Ledge Exchng E'Prise
In my current role as an Employer Partnerships Development Manager, I look after the business incubator and take the lead in several exciting innovation projects. I set up KTPs and have supported businesses with Innovate UK bids.