A free webinar series designed to help businesses innovate and grow in the wake of COVID-19 launches next week
Staffordshire University will play a key role in supporting entrepreneurs and SMEs as the region recovers from COVID-19 and these webinars provide just a taste of the support and expertise we offer.
Marek Hornak, Head of Employer Partnerships and Enterprise
The #StaffsInnovation webinars follow the launch of Staffordshire University’s Innovation Enterprise Zone which provides access to cutting-edge facilities, research, expertise, and skills provision for businesses across the region.
Leading academics will offer expert insights and advice to help kickstart the economic recovery from COVID-19 in each webinar. Topics range from supporting eligible businesses to benefit from government tax credits to how renewable energy technologies can help the Net Zero transition.
Fang Zhao, Professor of Innovation and Strategy, will launch the series on 5 May alongside Entrepreneur in Residence Julia Roberts with Digital Entrepreneurship in the wake of COVID-19 which explores how the pandemic is accelerating digital transformation and radically reshaping business models.
Marek Hornak, Head of Employer Partnerships and Enterprise, said: “Staffordshire University will play a key role in supporting entrepreneurs and SMEs as the region recovers from COVID-19 and these webinars provide just a taste of the support and expertise we offer.
“Our Innovation Enterprise Zone provides business start-up facilities and funded projects with the aim of developing new services, products and processes. The #StaffsInnovation series aims to offer practical help and support to a business audience and those interested in collaborating with us.”
Find more information about how Staffordshire University can support your business or contact the Employer Partnerships team on email@example.com.
Full information and registration details for the #StaffsInnovation series can be found at www.staffs.ac.uk/events:
- Wednesday 5 May at 2pm - Digital Entrepreneurship in the wake of COVID-19 by Fang Zhao, Professor of Innovation and Strategy and Julia Roberts, Entrepreneur in Residence
- Tuesday 18 May at 2pm - The importance of digital Marketing for SMEs by Paul Dobson, Senior Lecturer, Staffordshire Business School
- Thursday 20 May at 2pm - The green road to Net Zero by Hamidreza Gohari Darabkhani, Professor of Low Carbon & Renewable Energy Systems
- Tuesday 8 June at 2pm - R&D tax credits – are you eligible? by Ann Diggins, Tax Partner at Dains Accountants, and Steve Hargreaves, Business Development Manager at Staffordshire University
- Tuesday 25 May at 2pm - NHS Digitisation: applications, benefits and challenges by Dr Md Asaduzzaman, Associate Professor in Operational Research
- Thursday 3 June at 2pm - Drones: The Future of Mobility and Delivery by Kevin Duckers, IDU Group, Philip Butterworth Hayes, Civata Global, and Steve Hargreaves, Business Development Manager at Staffordshire University