Anas is Course Director for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His expertise lies in the use of smart systems for a diverse range of applications, such as smart healthcare, smart homes, smart cities etc.
Dr Amjad is Course Director for Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the School of Digital, Technologies and Arts. Previously, he was a Senior Lecturer from 2017 to 2020 and a part-time lecturer from 2012 to 2017 at Staffordshire University. He has taught a wide portfolio of modules in electronics, signal processing and telecommunications to on-campus and Armed Forces distance learning students. He has successfully integrated digital tools in his teaching to enhance student learning experience. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Dr Amjad’s research has been published in high quality IET and IEEE journals as well as presented at international conferences. His research output was included in Staffordshire University’s REF2021 submission – the results showed that 87% of the Engineering research at Staffordshire University is rated as internationally excellent or world leading. He has served in the local organising committee of the 50th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2015) conference which was attended by over 250 delegates. Dr Amjad has been a part of the panel for discussion on “What to do with a PhD” at the 2018 Postgraduate Research Conference held at Staffordshire University. He reviews regularly for various high quality IET and IEEE journals.
Professional memberships and activities
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Affiliate Member of the Energy Institute (EI)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- PhD in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (Staffordshire University)
- PGCert in Research Methods (Staffordshire University)
- BEng(Hons) with first-class in Electronic Engineering (Staffordshire University)
- Design and implementation of smart systems
- Digital signal and image processing
- Resource optimisation for wireless sensor networks
- Digital signal/image processing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart Cities
- Quality assessment for future generation of wireless networks
- ELEC50306 Signal Processing (DL)
- ELEC60235 Digital Systems (DL)
- ELEC61050 Real-time Embedded Systems with DSP Applications
- ELEC61011 Digital Design 2
- ELEC71010 Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- ELEC71120 Real-time Embedded Systems and Control
- M. Raza, A. Amjad and S. Hussain, “Multiple Access and Resource Sharing for Low Latency Critical Industrial Networks,” in Wireless Automation as an Enabler for the Next Industrial Revolution, pp. 47-64, 2020.
- S. J. Rind, A. Amjad and M. Jamil, “Rotor Flux MRAS based Speed Sensorless Indirect Field Oriented Control of Induction Motor Drive for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles,” in Proceedings of 2018 IEEE 53rd International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC2018), pp. 1-6, Glasgow, 2018.
- S. J. Rind, A. Amjad and M. Jamil, “Electric Motors and Speed Sensorless Control for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles: A Review,” in Proceedings of 2018 IEEE 53rd International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC2018), pp. 1-6, Glasgow, 2018.
- A. Amjad, M. Patwary and A. Griffiths, “Energy Efficient Self-Reconfiguration Scheme for Visual Information based M2M Communication,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Sydney, 2017.
- A. Amjad, M. Sharma, R. Abozariba, M. Asaduzzaman, M. Patwary and E. Benkhelifa, “Autonomous Workload Balancing in Cloud Federation Environments with Different Access Restrictions,” in Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE 14th International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), pp. 1-6, Orlando, 2017.
- A. Amjad, F. Rabby, S. Sadia, M. Patwary and E. Benkhelifa, “Cognitive Edge Computing based resource allocation framework for Internet of Things,” in Proceedings of IEEE Second International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC), pp. 194-200, Valencia, 2017.
- A. Amjad, A. Griffiths and M. Patwary, “QoI-Aware Unified Framework for Node Classification and Self-Reconfiguration Within Heterogeneous Visual Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Access, vol. 4, pp. 9027-9042, 2016.
- A. Amjad, M. Patwary, A. Griffiths and A. H. Soliman, “Characterization of Field-of-View for Energy Efficient Application-Aware Visual Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 3109-3122, May 2016.
- A. Amjad, A. Griffiths and M. N. Patwary, “Multiple Face Detection Algorithm Using Colour Skin Modelling,” in IET Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1093-1101, November 2012.