Join this online workshop to discover what support and knowledge is available to develop your export potential!
9.30am – 12.30pm
The Export Academy gives you and your business the expertise to export. Delivered by industry expert, John Harrison from JH Marketing Strategy, and experts from the Department for International Trade this session is designed to be highly practical and interactive. You will also hear what business support is available to you through Staffordshire University's Innovation Enterprise Zone.
What is included in the workshop?
This online workshop will help you to discover the opportunities exporting can bring to your business. You will also learn how you can develop your own individual export action plans and how to transfer this into your business strategy.
The session will cover the following fundamental stages of business internationalisation:
• The benefits of exporting and the potential barriers
• How to select the right target markets and conduct market research
• An introduction to the basic procedures associated with exporting
• The different routes to market available and how to select the most appropriate options
• How to set the right price for your product or service
• Understanding International Commercial terms
• Customs procedures, tariffs and export controls
• Managing money and getting paid
• How to develop a strategic export action plan and successfully win business
"Great delivery from John and good content. There was an opportunity to speak with other exporters" - Vehicle Vision International (Sept 2021)
"I was super impressed. Very clear and informative, with a fast-paced presentation - very stimulating. I also found the breakout rooms excellent with great potential for networking" - Cameler Spice Co (Sept 2021)