Atoms/Iconography/360-white@2xion-briefcase - Ionicons Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark Copy@2x3B13F687-6EB2-452A-B918-16B02FF86090@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2x81A2B1C2-3C1E-48C0-8EAB-2BB76C1052E1@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome Copy@2x18D48E51-758C-47E9-949E-1E58FC9454A3@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-red@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-white@2xion-android-cloud-circle - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Brand/connected-uni-logo-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-download-icon-white@2xdropdown-chevron-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/dropdown-form-chevron-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/email-icon-light@1xF93E1E4C-136C-41CA-8FC9-02353765C1C0@2xA14CB21F-CD96-450C-BBD7-6647B25B0D0D@1xatoms/Iconography/facebook-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/facebook-iconAtoms/Iconography/google-plus-icon@2xion-ios-information-outline - IoniconsAtoms/Iconography/instagram-iconGroup@2xAtoms/Iconography/linkedin-icon@2xion-android-menu - Ionicons@2x934F565B-4D4A-4BBE-B4EA-29E0D367BC7F@2xAtoms/Iconography/minus-icon@2xAEC8A5E2-9638-45F8-9E94-3C320D2410A9@2xAtoms/Iconography/nav-icon-white Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/pause-icon-white@2xion-android-person - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Iconography/phone-icon-white@2x5131105A-B2E1-443D-A44D-E6DCCBBF53DD@2xAtoms/iconography/pintrest-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/play-button-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-play-button-white-2@2xAtoms/Iconography/plus-icon-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/print-icon-light@2x34CD08DE-22EB-4484-B0B4-48190645DEBC@2xsearch - FontAwesome@2xAtoms/Iconography/search-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/snapchat-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/tick-green@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-iconAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2x Skip to content Skip to search

Face-to-face enrolment

If you’re a new student, once you have successfully completed online enrolment  you will be required to attend face-to-face enrolment. Your course leaders will inform you of when and where you need to complete face-to-face enrolment. If you have any issues please go to the Student Hub if you are studying at our Stoke campus, or the Information Point for those at our Stafford campus.

Students who are part-time on-campus, studying at a UK partner college, or via Distance Learning do not need to do face-to-face enrolment.  Your college will distribute your ID cards and make arrangements for your student finance to be activated (if applicable). Part-time and Distance Learning students will have their Student ID Cards posted to their home address. 

Continuing students who have student loans do not need to attend face-to-face enrolment to have their student finance activated. As long as you have enrolled online, we will activate your finance payments in the first week of term. 

At your face-to-face enrolment session, we'll check to ensure that you have completed all steps in the online enrolment process, and we'll verify your identity and nationality. 

What you need to bring

UK students

  • Proof of how your fees will be paid – if you aren’t applying for a loan from Student Finance England.
  • Two forms of ID (one must be your passport or birth certificate). All students are expected to provide one form of photo ID.
    • If your first form of ID is your birth certificate, then your second form of ID must be a photographic ID, such as a:
      • Driving licence
      • National identity card
      • College ID card
    • If your first form of ID is your passport, then your second form of ID can be any of the following:
      • Driving licence
      • National identity card
      • Utilities bill (must include your name and address)
      • Bank card
      • College ID card
  • Your payment notification letter (all pages) if you’re taking out a student loan – this is so we can activate your loan payments.

If you have any questions about your ID requirements, please contact us at

International students

Face-to-face enrolment for Tier 4 students

During International Enrolment, you will be required to present your passport and visa (or collect your visa if you have requested it is delivered to us), as well as the certificates listed in your CAS and offer letter. You will also need to attend several compulsory sessions and workshops which will explain the responsibilities that are associated with your new visa. Most of the sessions and activities in the international programme are compulsory and are designed to help you adjust to life in the UK, meet other new students and inform you of the ways in which the university can support you. Once you have completed all the required steps, you will be able to book a timeslot to finish your online enrolment and collect your student card. The time and location will be communicated to you beforehand.

Face-to-face enrolment for other visa types and European Students

During International Enrolment, you will be required to produce your passport and visa, or passport plus one other form of ID if you are an EU citizen. You will then be able to collect your student card during the week; the card collection times for you will be communicated to you during the week. You are also strongly advised to attend as many of the workshops and activities in the international programme which are designed to help you adjust to life in the UK, meet other new students and find out how the University can support you. If you cannot arrive until  after the welcome progamme has taken place, you will have the opportunity to complete your face-to-face enrolment in the Student Hub the following week.

If you're unsure exactly what to bring, you can find out further information on our International Student Support page. Still unsure? You can call the International Support Team on 01782 29 4539 / 4639 / 4711, or email on

How to get your Student ID Card

New students: If you've completed online enrolment well in advance of your course start date, you will be able to pick up your Student ID Card when attend your face-to-face enrolment session.

Returning students: If your card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, please visit the Student ID Card section of our website for details of how to get a replacement card.