I am a Lecturer in Policing, with an extensive research background emanating from my Master’s (2017) in Crime Science, Investigation, and Intelligence from University of Portsmouth and my subsequent work as Research Assistant for the Forensic Psychology Department. Previously, I worked as a Forensic Expert after graduating with a BS in Forensic Sciences from the American University of Science and Technology in Beirut (2015). I have also received extensive trainings in Medico-Legal Examinations, Toxicology, Forensic DNA analysis and International Criminal Law and Procedure.
In 2021, I joined Sheffield Hallam University on a PhD Project entitled: Understanding Citizens’ Perspectives around AI use by Law enforcement agencies. The PhD was part of a multinational-project run by the Center of Excellence of Terrorism, Resilience, Intelligence and Organised Crime Research (CENTRIC). During this time, I worked as a Researcher for CENTRIC on multiple multi-national projects and I became a Mentor to other PhD students. Shortly after, I started teaching as an Associate Lecturer for the Computing Department on Research Skills, Dissertation Preparation and Project Management Modules. I also supervise Masters’ Dissertations and Final Projects.
Outside of work and study, cooking, hiking, and working out at the gym form my anti-stress regimen. I am also an avid speaker on Equity in Doctoral Education and I am a member of the Steering Board of the EDEPI Programme at SHU. I also love to share my passion for Science and Technology with young people as part of my role as a STEM Ambassador.
Professional memberships and activities
- STEM Ambassador
- EDEPI Steering Board Member
- PhD Candidate “Citizens' Perspective to Police use of AI Tools”, Sheffield Hallam University, 2026.
- MSc in Crime Sciences, Investigations and Intelligence, University of Portsmouth, 2017.
- BSc Forensic Sciences, American University of Science & Technology, 2015.
- Forensic Sciences
- Investigations & Intelligence
- Criminology & Crime Sciences
- Forensic Psychology
- Policing and Security
- International Criminal Law and Procedure
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics